2016-2017 Small Grants
Dec 3, 2016 in News
The Saucon Valley Foundation is pleased to present our Fall grant awards:
- Schlotter & Pummer, “Microscope Photography”- $350
Clip-on lenses will allow 7th grade students to take photos and videos of specimens under microscopes.
- Schnalzer, “Teaching for Artistic Behavior”- $2,500
Six IPads for will allow all elementary students to do individually researched art projects.
- Janis & Barona, “Functional Transitions Café”- $2,300
High School students in the Functional Math program will run a café for staff from 8:00- 8:30am each day. Once the café is up and running, the venture will be self-sustaining.
- Parish, “Library Mural”- $300
The Middle School Art Club students will design and paint mural for library wall.
- Sakasitz, “Island Sound”- $600
Three steel drums will enhance the middle school world music program.
- Tassinaro, “Intro to Hydroponics”- $825
The project will introduce high school students to hydroponics and allow them to explore sustainable agriculture.
- Brodt & Parish, “Paper Cranes Box” – $194
Build a collection box for students who create paper cranes for the service project “Cranes for Cancer”.